AUTOROLA Group is a global leader in online remarketing and automotive IT solutions for professional used car and fleet management. Headquarter is based in Denmark and the company has currently approximately 500 employees and subsidiaries in 22 countries across Europe, North America, Latin America and Asia-Pacific.
AUTOROLA Group is divided into three global business units:
¢ MARKETPLACE : is online auctions for European and global vehicle vendors driven by our platform used by over 70,000 active buyers
¢ SOLUTIONS : is customized solutions to fleet owners covering the specific needs in OEM, bank and leasing segments all over the world
¢ INDICATA : is new offer of business intelligence and market insights software for the management of used vehicle inventories
Indicata develops tools for car dealers and dealer groups, OEMs, leasing, rental and insurance industries. The car dealer (and specifically dealer group) market is by far and away the largest segment and largest opportunity for the Indicata portfolio of products.
Within this segment, Indicata has a wide range of products and services ranging from vehicle appraisal, inventory management, market information, dealer group reporting and sales lead generation. Information can be delivered via a sophisticated reporting suite, bespoke reporting, and web service (API) reporting.
However, the focus of the business is to not sell reporting tools, but to support dealer groups in the understanding and organisational implementation of pricing and stock management strategies focused at improving used car profitability.
As such, Indicata looks for strong Business Development Managers who have a deeply consultative approach to the sales process. This is coupled with ensuring that the implementation (and ongoing support) is focused on imbedding the principles of pricing management into the dealer group organisationally and culturally.
For this innovative and modern company we are looking for a new Business Development Manager for INDICATA.
The position reports to the Country Manager of AUTOROLA France.
MAIN TASKS AND RESPONSABILITIES:
Primarily the role is responsible for delivering new business contracts with dealer prospects and re-securing exiting clients using a structured engagement process as follows:
- Targeting - Identification of key CEO, Sales Director, CFO and Used Car Director within a portfolio of dealer groups.
- Pre-prospecting - Reviewing dealer group pricing and stock management performance using Indicata tools and data to identify key opportunities to engage with key decision makers.
- Prospecting - Using pre-prospecting analysis, engage with dealer group though a variety of means to secure a meeting directly with the key decision makers
- Qualification - Make a detailed analysis on how the dealer group currently organises (roles responsibilities and empowerment) and manages pricing strategy though-out the dealer's used car processes as follows:
. Trade in appraisal
. Trade in valuation
. Trader vs retail decision making
. Initial stock pricing
. Stock age management policy
. Pricing policy
. Re- pricing strategy, frequency and authority.
. Vehicle trading process and methods.
. Key profitability and ageing challenges and opportunities
- Presentation 1 - Introduce prospect to the concepts of Indicata's dynamic pricing philosophy, identifying how this could support dealer profitability and used car performance.
- Presentation 2 - Show overview of Indicata's tool set and how this will achieve the dealer group's aim of improving profits.
- Trial - Execute a highly controlled trial of Indicata within the dealer group's business ensuring clear roles and responsibilities within the business have been identified and that clear success criteria have been agreed.
- Close and Negotiation - Negotiate and close long-term contract with the dealer group covering, licence fees, implementation process and on-going support process.
- Implementation - Ensure the Indicata product is fully embedded within the dealership management hierarchy by :
. Agreeing an initial pricing strategy with the senior management in all dealer group customers.
. Training all layers of management in both the concepts of pricing strategy (as defined by the dealer) and use of the tool.
- Follow up - Ensuring that the tools and strategies are increasing bedded into the dealer group and at all levels. Ensure that dealer staff become positive advocates for Indicata both internally and externally. This will be achieved through:
. Post implementation engagement with dealer staff at all levels to ensure that they are actively using the system correctly across all areas of functionality.
. Running joint price and stock reviews with dealer management, identifying not only key issues, but also identifying why these occurred and implementing revised training and management processes.
. Identification of stock issues that can be resolved through sourcing or disposal on Autorola Marketplace product
. Continually enhancing dealer capability to utilise the tool.
. Re-engaging at CEO level to illustrate the key area of success and opportunities for further development
- Up-sell and re-securing contracts :
. Introducing and selling customers additional products (Market Reporting / Lead Generator / bulk and web service valuations)
. Seamlessly re-signing dealers (and implementation of price increases).
- Salesforce - Ensuring the company's salesforce CRM tool is fully utilised recording all activity coupled with establishing and maintaining appropriate follow-up cycles.
- Market intelligence - Actively seeking out market intelligence on competitive products, pricing, functionality and sales approach and ensuring country and group management are fully aware of the challenges and threats
- Cross selling - Actively identifying opportunities for products from the other business units, warming customer to these opportunities and introducing other business unit sales specialists to the decision makers in the dealer group.
- Motivating salary (fixed + bonus) for suitable candidate according to the experience
- Benefits like company car, fuel allowance, etc
PLACE OF WORK:
- Montigny-le-Bretonneux but is Field based with the need to be away from home location for 2-3 day periods
An automotive professional, with strong experienced (minimum 5 to 7 years) in used car business ideally gained at an real "hunter" selling tools for car dealers and dealer groups, OEMs, leasing, rental and insurance industries.
- High level of education : Academic degree in Business Administration, Economics, Marketing or Finance
- Minimum 7 years of used car management experience gained in one of the following roles (Essential) :
. Dealer based used car management (responsible for stock sourcing, pricing and team management)
. OEM based used car field team (responsible for developing used car activity within a group of dealers)
. Used car management training role within a dealer or OEM
. Selling to Dealer Groups involving IT based products (DMS systems / showroom prospecting and CRM systems / used car stock management systems / vehicle finance)
- Demonstrable experience and ability to convince others to absorb and embrace new products or concepts. (Essential)
- Experience in selling to dealer groups at CEO level and 1st line management (Highly desirable)
- Demonstrable ability to build sound relations at senior level in a dealer groups with the gravitas to welcome, manage and overcome deeply held dealer management views and objections to new concepts and philosophies (Essential)
- Demonstrable experience in understanding a dealer groups organisational structure and how that impacts on the business processes and tools used by a dealer. (Highly desirable)
- Understanding of the operational processes involved in a dealer groups business and the multiple ways these of processes may be constructed in the following areas :
. Trade in appraisal and valuation (Essential)
. Vehicle wholesales trading (Essential)
. Vehicle preparation and cost control (Essential)
. Vehicle pricing (Essential)
. Stock management and ageing policies (Essential)
. Dealer websites and advertising portals (Desirable)
- Experience of utilising a structured CRM system (Desirable)
- Highly numerate with the ability to extract data in Excel from IT systems and to manipulate this information for playback to internal staff and dealer teams. (Desirable)
- Highly organised in approach coupled with the ability to manage personal time effectively (Essential)
- Self-starter with the ability to work remotely (Essential)
- Demonstrable ability to keep up to date in all happenings and strategic changes in market sector (Essential)
. Flexible team player, goal oriented, possessing a desire to work for a fast-pace, result-based company
. Well organised, hard worker, autonomous but not independent
. High level of intelligence and skills: both pragmatic and strategic
. Capable of making logical opinion, report and explanation
. Capable of taking his responsibility for the result of his own decision
. Strong business sense and customer minded
. Proactive, self-starter used to fast deadlines, good in time management
. Able to defend ideas in positive, constructive manner set priorities and limits
. Knowledgeable, trustworthy
. Ability to learn and adjust fast
Fonction : Business Developemnt Manager
Secteur : Automobile
Lieu : - Montigny-le-Bretonneux (78)